Happy Thursday! Today I am sharing a Monkey Cricut Card. This silly monkey is my favorite animal on the Cricut Create A Critter Cartridge. What little boy wouldn’t LOVE to get a birthday card with this smiling chimp on it? He’s so cute holding his banana and swinging from his jungle vine.
How to Make This Monkey Cricut Card
Supplies needed to make this card:
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of white cardstock for the card base
- 4″ x 3″ piece of patterned paper
- 4″ x 2 1/2″ piece of patterned paper
- 4″ x 1/2″ piece of patterned paper
- 2 1/2″ Cricut Monkey and banana cut from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge
- Stampin’ Up Oval Scalloped Punch
- Stampin’ Up Small Oval Punch
- Stampin’ Up Stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
- Scrapbook Adhesive
- Fold the 8 1/2″ x 5″ piece of cardstock in half. This makes a 5″ x 4 1/4″ card which will fit in an A2 or Invitation Size envelope. This is a common size that you can buy at Walmart or Ebay.
- Attach the 4″ x 2 1/2″ and 4″ x 3″ pieces of papers to the card base. I used coordination patterned papers from Doodlebug Designs, but you could use solid cardstock, embossed paper, or rubberstamped backgrounds.
- Use the small strip of paper to cover the seam where the other two papers meet. You could also use ribbon.
- Attach the Cricut Monkey and banana to the card.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment on a piece of matching cardstock and punch it out with the oval punch. It’s easier to get the sentiment centered inside of the oval if you stamp it and then punch it out. Then punch a scalloped oval and attach them to the card.
I hope you will give this Monkey Cricut Card a try. This is an easy sketch to follow for a handmade card. You can use different colors and patterns to make it for any occasion.
I made this card for the Perfect Sentiments Challenge Blog’s Anniversary/Birthday Celebration and Blog Hop. The first challenge was to make a Birthday or Anniversary Card….easy peasy!
To see more projects using this Cartridge, visit Create A Critter Cricut Cartridges.
If you would to see a list of all of the critters and shapes on this cartridge, visit Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge Review.
To see more birthday cards, visit Cricut Birthday Cards.